Friday, February 13, 2009

March 10th Album Release



You know whats funny about blogging is that something has to happen to make you feel like blogging. Last week I found out the album was headed to Itunes and would be there on March 10th. Which gave me one of my happier adult moments. If you know my history then you know exactly what the moment means. In the wake of that information I sent emails and text messages to let everyone know we did it. What I find to be interesting is that people don't know what WE did or more importantly who WE is. When I say WE its the WE who over the years gave real encouragement, who bought tickets to shows they couldn't go to, listened to music they don't really like, joined the myspace, facebook, twitter, Imeem, Linked In and this blog pages. All the people I talk to about the frustrations of being in this business. Also all the people that I have done music with and studios I've sat in.

If I never sell one record I'm good to get to this far and have the experiences I have had. So from a music perspective I'm real good. From the Geographic Empire days to the Establishment experiences. I've done music with a lot of talented people and have been inspired by alot of them.

I was sitting here thinking about what made it possible and remembering those moments, My blog so I get to run these moments

1. I remember the first time I ever recorded anything of a rap nature. I was 15 and as I was told by parties involved I will never be able to have a copy of it but fuck it I did it and I'm proud of it as wack as it may be.

2. I also remember being so shy riding in Adam's Regal that when Oscar asked me to rap I was to nervous to do it. I had to be 15. and then the same thing happened with Arnaldo and Oscar on their prom night.

3. I remember rapping at this party in downey with Rodger and Brad and they had no mic so we were rapping into the ear of headphones (I don't know how that works). I remember that because that was my first time rapping in front of a crowd of people and I thought I was so wack but I had to maintain my reputation because I didn't want to seem scared in front of the homies, because unlike with my school friends, I was on the otherside of the fence with these guys accept for Rodger he was from school.

4. I remember riding with Peter to Pepperdine for his School interview and I rapped the whole time over the morning show as we were riding in his parents Crown Vic.

5. First time I met Joule aka Jadox and learning that I didn't know what I was doing. But that was the first time I really took stuff serious.

5b. I sat in Rez's backyard with 18 other people forming the concept of what would be Geographic Empire only later to go to Lord Ron's garage which was like an ode to hip hop. That Garage probably was more instrumental in me designing my tenacity as an MC because Lord Ron was into my mic ability. So I had to just try and kill everytime the mic came my way against anyone he remotely co-signed. Needless to say never nervous again

6. First Performance at this birthday party and I went into the crowd because they were all my friends and I was excited.

7. Performing in my hometown Compton, that was great along with Geographic Shirts

8. First time recording a real song, Slugfest at Rez's Original 800 fathums Under studio. I had the two tone black and silver du-rag

9. First record label I owned R.o.u.n.d.t.a.b.l.e. (Realm Of Underaduletrated Nigga dogs Teaching All Bitches Lessons Everyday) Records. Thanks Brad. But really I just wanted something that symbolized the friendship.

10. Leaving Cali to come Texas and telling my group members.

Part 2 Texas edition coming soon.....................................

2 comments:

  1. Re: #5 - you were already headed in the right direction, though...

    Dox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: #8 - that was Rez's 2nd version of 800 Fathoms (the 1st was before you came on board); it was a lot bigger than the original, that's for sure.

    Dox

    ReplyDelete